Trade Waste Application
Under the Water Act 1989, it is an offence for a person to cause or permit the discharge of trade waste to the sewerage system other than in compliance with a trade waste agreement.
All occupiers of premises which run businesses that are similar to the following must apply:
- Restaurants, take away/fast food
- Swimming pools (other than private residential pools)
- Food processing industries
The trade waste application procedure is as follows:
- As the occupier of the premises that discharges trade waste to the sewer you are required to complete and submit the appropriate trade waste application form below and ensure the application fee (if applicable) is paid at the time of submission.
Commercial Trade Waste Application Form
Industrial Trade Waste Application Form
- If your application is approved, a Trade Waste Consent or Agreement will be issued for the premises subject to specific requirements. This will include any pre-treatment requirements, such as the installation of a grease trap.
- All works associated with the connection of pre-treatment infrastructure must comply with AS3500 and Victorian Water Supply and Sewage Plumbing Regulations.
All trade waste applications will be responded to within 10 business days to indicate:
- Whether the application has been accepted or rejected or accepted with amendments; or
- Where a longer period is required to assess the application, when a decision will be made and an explanation for the longer period; or
- Where further information is required to enable a full assessment and what further information must be provided by the applicant.
You can request a review of your Industrial Customer trade waste agreement at any time by completing our Request to Review Trade Waste Agreement Form. You can also request a review of your Industrial Customer water supply agreement by completing our Request To Review Water Supply Agreement Form.