- About Us
- Latest News
- Cancellation of Boil Water Notice – Kyabram and Merrigum
- Boil Water Notice for Kyabram and Merrigum customers
- Treated Recycled Water to be Released into the Mosquito Drain: Tatura
- Flow meter upgrade at Shepparton Water Treatment Plant
- New Manager for South East District
- Annual Customer Satisfaction Survey
- The Biggest Ever (Laurie Gleeson) Dinner
- Nagambie water treatment plant upgrade progressing to next stage
- 'Water Only School' launch - Merrigum Primary School, April 14
- Balaclava Rd Water Main Replacement - Shepparton
- Northern Victoria Saline Management Project
- Longwood water quality improves - Plant back in action.
- Water Main Replacement Works in Nagambie
- Water mains to be replaced in Cobram
- Longwood Water Supply impacted by fire and rain
- Goulburn Valley Water Sewer Rehabilitation Program 2014/2015
- Permanent Water Saving Rules Apply
- Your Town Water Supply during a Bushfire
- Goulburn Valley Water wants your input
- New Marysville Water Treatment Plant works progressing smoothly
- Construction has commenced at the O’Kanes Road Water Treatment Plant, Numurkah
- Hydration Station now operating on Welsford St
- Treated recycled water to be released into Fords Creek
- 70 year old water mains to be replaced in Shepparton
- Goulburn Valley Water staff excel at the Victorian Water Industry Operations Conference
- Recycling facilities established at wastewater management facilities
- Tallarook Water Main Replacement Works - Sanctuary Road
- Water pressure interruption for Dookie residents
- Proposed Extension and Diminishment to the Broadford Sewerage District
- Proposed Extension and Diminishment to the Broadford Water District
- Tatura Water Tower Upgrade – Abseilers to Erect Temporary Netting
- Introduction of Stage 1 Water Restrictions for Pyalong
- Employment Opportunities
- Community Consultation
06 October 2011
Significant construction works along Wanganui Road are underway to improve the reliability of the sewer main servicing Campbell’s Soups factory.
Goulburn Valley Water District Manager, Mr Neville Whittaker, said more than 1.1 km of aging sewer main will be replaced, with two main parts to the project. “The first part of the project consists of construction of a new pipeline along Wanganui Road, which has been underway since mid September,” said Mr Whittaker. “The second phase of the project, due to begin next week, is construction of a pipeline to be bored under Numurkah Road.”
“We anticipate some minor inconvenience regarding traffic given the new main will run parallel to Wanganui Road so we ask that residents remain vigilant when driving in the area,” he said. Cyclists are also urged to be mindful of the works taking place on the popular cycling route.
Civil engineering contractors, Ertech, have been engaged to undertake the works. “With the construction of the pipeline along Wanganui Road proceeding well, efforts will soon be directed to the Numurkah Road bore,” said Mr Whittaker.
Overall, these $1.1 million pipeline works will improve the reliability of the sewer main. “Completion of the works is anticipated by the start of November 2011,” Mr Whittaker said.
For more information please contact Michaela Sargeant on 5832 0471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.