- About Us
- Latest News
- Goulburn Valley Water Learning Centre up and running
- Stage 2 Water Restrictions to continue for Pyalong customers
- GVW Prices to remain lowest in Victoria
- GVW appoints new General Manager Technical Services
- Introduction of Stage 2 Water Restrictions for Pyalong
- Introduction of Stage 1 Water Restrictions for Pyalong
- Earthy Taste and Odour in Euroa's Water Supply
- Your town water supply during a major bushfire
- Tykes Taptastic Day Out
- Water main leak interrupts supply to Seymour customers
- Employment Opportunities
- Community Consultation
04 October 2011
A series of weekend night works on some Shepparton water mains are planned for coming weekends.
For the next six Saturday nights, Goulburn Valley Water (GVW) will be carrying out essential water quality improvement works on its Shepparton water supply system. The overnight works will involve swabbing (cleaning) of a number of large water mains in the following areas.
- Saturday 8 October - Goulburn Valley Highway: Longstaff Street to Taig Avenue
- Saturday 15 October - Railway Parade: High Street to Knight Street
- Saturday 22 October - Hayes Street: Wyndham Street to Archer Street
- Saturday 29 October - Campbells Soups water main (Vaughan Street to Central Avenue)
- Saturday 5 November - Welsford Street: Vaughan Street to Wanganui Road
- Saturday 12 November - Archer Street: High Street to Kialla Lakes Drive
Random occurrences of cloudy or coloured water may be experienced in these areas around the time of the works. Customers affected are advised that the water is safe for drinking, but water usage (particularly by automatic washing machines) should be minimised. Customers experiencing turbid water should contact GVW.
GVW apologise for any inconvenience caused and thanks customers in anticipation for their understanding and co-operation.
The Corporation’s Customer Service Centre can be contacted on 1800 45 45 00.