- About Us
- Latest News
- Tongala Water Treatment Plant works completed
- Treated Recycled Water to be Released into the Mosquito Drain: Tatura
- Ice Pigging to clean sewer main
- Proposed Extension and Diminishment to the Broadford Sewerage District
- Proposed Extension and Diminishment to the Broadford Water District
- Nagambie clearwater storage construction to begin
- Marysville Water Treatment Plant upgrade underway
- New water treatment plant to support town growth in Numurkah
- Eildon water main replacement works
- The condition of Numurkah's water tower to be inspected
- Water main ruptures in Numurkah
- Pay your water bill securely online
- Longwood Reservoir construction works underway
- Weekend works scheduled at Tongala Water Treatment Plant
- Applications welcome for GVW customer advisory group
- Water main replacement program moves to Corio St Shepparton
- Tatura sewer jetting and root foaming to improve sewer service
- Tatura Water Tower refurbishment works begin
- $15M water plan to boost Kilmore
- Euroa/Violet Town Incident Response – feedback welcome
- Sewer relining planned for several Shepparton streets
- Tatura Water Tower Upgrade – Abseilers to Erect Temporary Netting
- Goulburn Valley Water joins contest to find Victoria's top drop
- Introduction of Stage 1 Water Restrictions for Pyalong
- Employment Opportunities
- Community Consultation
04 October 2011
A series of weekend night works on some Shepparton water mains are planned for coming weekends.
For the next six Saturday nights, Goulburn Valley Water (GVW) will be carrying out essential water quality improvement works on its Shepparton water supply system. The overnight works will involve swabbing (cleaning) of a number of large water mains in the following areas.
- Saturday 8 October - Goulburn Valley Highway: Longstaff Street to Taig Avenue
- Saturday 15 October - Railway Parade: High Street to Knight Street
- Saturday 22 October - Hayes Street: Wyndham Street to Archer Street
- Saturday 29 October - Campbells Soups water main (Vaughan Street to Central Avenue)
- Saturday 5 November - Welsford Street: Vaughan Street to Wanganui Road
- Saturday 12 November - Archer Street: High Street to Kialla Lakes Drive
Random occurrences of cloudy or coloured water may be experienced in these areas around the time of the works. Customers affected are advised that the water is safe for drinking, but water usage (particularly by automatic washing machines) should be minimised. Customers experiencing turbid water should contact GVW.
GVW apologise for any inconvenience caused and thanks customers in anticipation for their understanding and co-operation.
The Corporation’s Customer Service Centre can be contacted on 1800 45 45 00.