- About Us
- Latest News
- Water main burst in Alexandra
- Tallarook Primary to be a 'Water Only' School
- Cancellation of Boil Water Notice - Tongala
- Boil Water Notice for Tongala Customers
- Treated recycled water to be released into Fords Creek
- Cancellation of Boil Water Notice – Kyabram and Merrigum
- Treated Recycled Water to be Released into the Mosquito Drain: Tatura
- Flow meter upgrade at Shepparton Water Treatment Plant
- New Manager for South East District
- Annual Customer Satisfaction Survey
- The Biggest Ever (Laurie Gleeson) Dinner
- Nagambie water treatment plant upgrade progressing to next stage
- 'Water Only School' launch - Merrigum Primary School, April 14
- Balaclava Rd Water Main Replacement - Shepparton
- Northern Victoria Saline Management Project
- Goulburn Valley Water wants your input
- Recycling facilities established at wastewater management facilities
- Tallarook Water Main Replacement Works - Sanctuary Road
- Water pressure interruption for Dookie residents
- Proposed Extension and Diminishment to the Broadford Sewerage District
- Proposed Extension and Diminishment to the Broadford Water District
- Tatura Water Tower Upgrade – Abseilers to Erect Temporary Netting
- Introduction of Stage 1 Water Restrictions for Pyalong
- Employment Opportunities
- Community Consultation
04 October 2011
A series of weekend night works on some Shepparton water mains are planned for coming weekends.
For the next six Saturday nights, Goulburn Valley Water (GVW) will be carrying out essential water quality improvement works on its Shepparton water supply system. The overnight works will involve swabbing (cleaning) of a number of large water mains in the following areas.
- Saturday 8 October - Goulburn Valley Highway: Longstaff Street to Taig Avenue
- Saturday 15 October - Railway Parade: High Street to Knight Street
- Saturday 22 October - Hayes Street: Wyndham Street to Archer Street
- Saturday 29 October - Campbells Soups water main (Vaughan Street to Central Avenue)
- Saturday 5 November - Welsford Street: Vaughan Street to Wanganui Road
- Saturday 12 November - Archer Street: High Street to Kialla Lakes Drive
Random occurrences of cloudy or coloured water may be experienced in these areas around the time of the works. Customers affected are advised that the water is safe for drinking, but water usage (particularly by automatic washing machines) should be minimised. Customers experiencing turbid water should contact GVW.
GVW apologise for any inconvenience caused and thanks customers in anticipation for their understanding and co-operation.
The Corporation’s Customer Service Centre can be contacted on 1800 45 45 00.