- About Us
- Latest News
- Toolamba Primary School 'Water Only School' Launch
- Water quality remains high despite black water event.
- GVW Call Scam Alert
- O'Kanes Road Water Treatment Plant Commissioned
- Your water supply during a bushfire
- Strathbogie water supply
- More reliable support and better water quality for Tatura
- Marysville has Australia's top drop
- Mansfield water pressure upgrade
- Battle lines drawn in quest for Australia's top drop
- Nagambie Regatta Centre installs GVW drink fountain at venue
- Celebrating Water and WorkSafe Week
- Permanent Water Saving Rules Apply
- Innovation, ideas sharing and speed networking in Water Week
- New look boards to help Victoria meet future water challenges
- Check for Leaks to Save Water and Money
- Goulburn Valley Water has Victoria's top drop
- Water main burst in Alexandra
- Goulburn Valley Water wants your input
- Recycling facilities established at wastewater management facilities
- Tallarook Water Main Replacement Works - Sanctuary Road
- Water pressure interruption for Dookie residents
- Proposed Extension and Diminishment to the Broadford Sewerage District
- Proposed Extension and Diminishment to the Broadford Water District
- Tatura Water Tower Upgrade – Abseilers to Erect Temporary Netting
- Introduction of Stage 1 Water Restrictions for Pyalong
- Employment Opportunities
- Community Consultation
23 September 2011
Improvement works by Goulburn Valley Water (GVW) will soon commence on a water main in central Seymour.
GVW District Manager, Ian Matheson, said approximately 490m of ageing water main will be replaced. “The works will improve both the reliability and flow rate for the area. It is also expected to contribute to more consistent water quality.”
Works to replace the main extend along Watson and Wimble Streets, beginning at Moyle Street and continuing up to Oak Street. “We anticipate some minor inconvenience for traffic so ask that residents remain clear of these areas where possible,” Mr Matheson said.
The $180,000 project is being undertaken by construction company Infratec International Pty Ltd. “The works will be carried out over a 3 week period, with an anticipated project completion in late October 2011,” he said.
To report a service issue residents can contact GVW’s 24 hour customer service line on 1800 45 45 00.