- About Us
- Latest News
- Goulburn Valley Water Learning Centre up and running
- Stage 2 Water Restrictions to continue for Pyalong customers
- GVW Prices to remain lowest in Victoria
- GVW appoints new General Manager Technical Services
- Introduction of Stage 2 Water Restrictions for Pyalong
- Introduction of Stage 1 Water Restrictions for Pyalong
- Earthy Taste and Odour in Euroa's Water Supply
- Your town water supply during a major bushfire
- Tykes Taptastic Day Out
- Water main leak interrupts supply to Seymour customers
- Employment Opportunities
- Community Consultation
23 September 2011
Improvement works by Goulburn Valley Water (GVW) will soon commence on a water main in central Seymour.
GVW District Manager, Ian Matheson, said approximately 490m of ageing water main will be replaced. “The works will improve both the reliability and flow rate for the area. It is also expected to contribute to more consistent water quality.”
Works to replace the main extend along Watson and Wimble Streets, beginning at Moyle Street and continuing up to Oak Street. “We anticipate some minor inconvenience for traffic so ask that residents remain clear of these areas where possible,” Mr Matheson said.
The $180,000 project is being undertaken by construction company Infratec International Pty Ltd. “The works will be carried out over a 3 week period, with an anticipated project completion in late October 2011,” he said.
To report a service issue residents can contact GVW’s 24 hour customer service line on 1800 45 45 00.