- About Us
- Latest News
- Tallarook Primary to be a 'Water Only' School
- Cancellation of Boil Water Notice - Tongala
- Boil Water Notice for Tongala Customers
- Treated recycled water to be released into Fords Creek
- Cancellation of Boil Water Notice – Kyabram and Merrigum
- Boil Water Notice for Kyabram and Merrigum customers
- Treated Recycled Water to be Released into the Mosquito Drain: Tatura
- Flow meter upgrade at Shepparton Water Treatment Plant
- New Manager for South East District
- Annual Customer Satisfaction Survey
- The Biggest Ever (Laurie Gleeson) Dinner
- Nagambie water treatment plant upgrade progressing to next stage
- 'Water Only School' launch - Merrigum Primary School, April 14
- Balaclava Rd Water Main Replacement - Shepparton
- Northern Victoria Saline Management Project
- Longwood water quality improves - Plant back in action.
- Goulburn Valley Water Sewer Rehabilitation Program 2014/2015
- Goulburn Valley Water wants your input
- Recycling facilities established at wastewater management facilities
- Tallarook Water Main Replacement Works - Sanctuary Road
- Water pressure interruption for Dookie residents
- Proposed Extension and Diminishment to the Broadford Sewerage District
- Proposed Extension and Diminishment to the Broadford Water District
- Tatura Water Tower Upgrade – Abseilers to Erect Temporary Netting
- Introduction of Stage 1 Water Restrictions for Pyalong
- Employment Opportunities
- Community Consultation
23 October 2013
In a bid to increase awareness of the health and environmental benefits of tap water, Goulburn Valley Water (GVW) has launched ‘Choose Tap’, unveiling a permanent water refill station outside its Fryers Street office in Shepparton.GVW Managing Director, Mr Peter Quinn, said that the program is a partnership with another Victorian water corporation. “Yarra Valley Water developed Choose Tap in 2010 and GVW has signed a partnership agreement with them to roll-out the program in our region.”
According to Tony Kelly, Managing Director of Yarra Valley Water, Goulbourn Valley Water’s participation in the Choose Tap program will broaden and strengthen the Choose Tap message and get more people thinking about the health, environmental and financial benefits of drinking tap water. “It is fantastic to have GVW join the ‘Choose Tap Coalition’.”
Choose Tap will promote the benefits of drinking tap water as part of a healthy lifestyle and as a positive alternative to bottled water. GVW has safe and reliable tap water, which is primarily sourced from local rivers and creeks.
“Sometimes in Australia we take our quality tap water for granted, we forget that more than a billion people worldwide do not have access to safe drinking water” Mr Quinn said.
“By installing the water refill station we are making tap water more accessible to our community.”
Choose Tap will encourage the community to reuse and refill their water bottles and contribute to a cleaner and healthier future. The program will benefit customers in all walks of life and will play a valuable role supporting community sport, education, local festivals and events.
Mr Quinn also said that Australian’s spend more than $500 million a year on bottled water, which not only puts a strain on the environment, it’s an expense that could easily be avoided. “Tap water really is the best choice for your health, the environment and your hip pocket.”
So go on, choose tap!
To find out more visit the Choose Tap Facebook page www.facebook.com/ChooseTap
For further information please contact Jacinta Burke (ph) 0458 900 261 or (e) email@example.com