- About Us
- Latest News
- Goulburn Valley Water Learning Centre up and running
- Stage 2 Water Restrictions to continue for Pyalong customers
- GVW Prices to remain lowest in Victoria
- GVW appoints new General Manager Technical Services
- Introduction of Stage 2 Water Restrictions for Pyalong
- Introduction of Stage 1 Water Restrictions for Pyalong
- Earthy Taste and Odour in Euroa's Water Supply
- Your town water supply during a major bushfire
- Tykes Taptastic Day Out
- Water main leak interrupts supply to Seymour customers
- Employment Opportunities
- Community Consultation
22 October 2010
A preventative maintenance program involving jetting works of the Goulburn Valley Water (GVW) sewer system in Kyabram is set to take place in coming weeks.
GVW District Manager Neville Whittaker said the program will be conducted in the Mellis Street area. “The jetting process involves high pressure flushing of the sewer system via existing manholes,” Mr Whittaker said. “The sewers draining to the sewerage pump station in Mellis Street have been identified as part of this year’s improvement plan, with the works expected to improve the quality of service and lower the likelihood of sewer blockages and other associated issues.”
It is not expected that works will affect the use of the sewer system, though some manholes located in customer’s properties may need to be accessed to undertake the inspections. “Customers with sewer manholes within their properties will receive separate notification if access is required,” he said.
The 5-day project will be undertaken by contractors Underground Engineering Solutions and will begin on Monday 8th November.
For further information or to report a service issue please contact the 24 hour customer service line (ph) 1800 45 45 00.