- About Us
- Latest News
- Balaclava Rd Water Main Replacement - Shepparton
- Northern Victoria Saline Management Project
- Longwood water quality improves - Plant back in action.
- Water Main Replacement Works in Nagambie
- Water mains to be replaced in Cobram
- Longwood Water Supply impacted by fire and rain
- Goulburn Valley Water Sewer Rehabilitation Program 2014/2015
- Permanent Water Saving Rules Apply
- Your Town Water Supply during a Bushfire
- Goulburn Valley Water wants your input
- New Marysville Water Treatment Plant works progressing smoothly
- Construction has commenced at the OâKanes Road Water Treatment Plant, Numurkah
- Hydration Station now operating on Welsford St
- Treated recycled water to be released into Fords Creek
- 70 year old water mains to be replaced in Shepparton
- Goulburn Valley Water staff excel at the Victorian Water Industry Operations Conference
- Recycling facilities established at wastewater management facilities
- Tallarook Water Main Replacement Works - Sanctuary Road
- Water pressure interruption for Dookie residents
- Proposed Extension and Diminishment to the Broadford Sewerage District
- Proposed Extension and Diminishment to the Broadford Water District
- Tatura Water Tower Upgrade â Abseilers to Erect Temporary Netting
- Introduction of Stage 1 Water Restrictions for Pyalong
- Employment Opportunities
- Community Consultation
Revised Permanent Water Saving Rules Apply
16 December 2011
Goulburn Valley Water has varied its Permanent Water Saving Plan and associated rules in accordance with a variation approved by the Minister for Water.
GVW Managing Director,Â Peter Quinn, said changes to the rules included revised watering times for sprinklers. âCustomers are encouraged to water in the evenings or mornings to avoid evaporation,â he said. âThe window for sprinkler watering begins one hour later than previously, with customers now asked to wait until after 6pm to turn the sprinkler onÂ if the garden needs it,â he said. Sprinklers should not be used after 10am.
Customers are obliged to follow the rules every day of the year. âThe Permanent Water Saving Rules (PWSRs) are in place on a permanent and ongoing basis,âÂ said Mr Quinn. âThey are a series of common sense rules that all customers supplied water by Victorian Water Authorities are obliged to follow day to day to ensure water is not wasted.â
PWSRs aim to promote efficient and sensible use of water without significantly restricting customer choice and flexibility. âThese rules reflect the value that Victorians place on water, and the community view that water is a precious resource that should be conserved where possible.â
Summary of PWSRs
- The use of sprinklers is allowed between 6 oâclock at night and 10 oâclock in the morning.
- A handheld hose can be used at any time of day and night if it is leak free, and is fitted with a trigger nozzle. A bucket or watering canÂ may also be used at any time.
- Instead of using water to wash down the footpath, driveway and other hard surfaces, a broom must be used.
- Fountains and water features must recirculate the water.
- Guardians of public gardens and lawn areas must also abide by these rules, unless an approved Water Use Plan is in place.
All GVW customers are expected to follow PWSRs. No âwater restrictionsâ apply at this time.
Please note: These rules will not apply in the case of an accident, fire, safety hazard or another emergency or in respect to the health of people or animals.
For more information please contact Michaela Sargeant on 5832 0471, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.